Wild Rose Press to publish 'Djinn and Tonic'

There are few better moments for a writer than finding out that an editor has enjoyed your story enough to want to share it with the world. Maybe one day it'll get old, but after two novellas and one novel, it certainly hasn't yet. I've just signed my third contract with The Wild Rose Press, which I'm delighted about because I think they did a great job with my first two novellas, 'Desperate Bid' and 'A Santa Next Door.'

My first two Wild Rose Press novellas were straightforward contemporary romances, but this one is a bit of a departure, because although it's set in the present day, it also contains a paranormal element, in the form of a djinn, or genie, who appears in response to the photographer heroine's wish for the perfect model for her photo shoot. What would you do, I wonder, if a perfect man materialised out of thin air - literally - in your studio? If you've followed along with my occasional Sunday snippets, you might remember Sally's reaction. If not, you can find it here.

Sally soon discovers that she'll have to be careful what she wishes for, as a momentary impulse to take off for the beach on a sunny day results in a dizzying experience in this snippet, and comes to terms with the discovery here.

The next steps are to work on edits and a marketing plan, so it'll be a while before I have a release date.  And there will be at least one major difference in the final version - so, sorry to all my friends who have fallen in love with 'Wulf', because he's about to have a name change to something  more fitting for a genie, probably of Persian origin!  Oh well.  I'll just have to keep Wulf in reserve until I find a suitable story for a Nordic hero... watch this space!


Comments

  1. Lovely news. Congratulations, Stephanie, and the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I love my publisher.

Halloween Blog Hop

Writer Wednesday Interview: Angela Wren