Book Review: Girl Friday

Girl FridayGirl Friday by Jane Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It’s ages since I’ve read anything by Jane Green but when a copy of Girl Friday crossed my path and I read the blurb I was instantly hooked. I’ll read anything that features a writer as one of the heroes, and I wasn’t disappointed by Robert McClore, thriller writer extraordinaire and boss to Kit, the recently divorced heroine who is currently rediscovering the worlds of working and dating after too long focusing exclusively on her role as wife and mother.

The bond between Kit and her two friends, Wall Street wife Charlie and yoga teacher Tracy, is brilliantly drawn, and the book has a lot to say about the dynamics of female friendship, as well as post-divorce dating.

So far so predictable, but the secrets kept by Kit’s family and friends ensure that the story develops in a way that’s anything but obvious. Is Steve the romantic computer entrepreneur the answer to Kit’s prayers, or is Kit’s friend and mother figure Edie right to suspect he’s too good to be true? What’s really going on in Charlie and Tracy’s lives, and who’s the mysterious woman who appears outside Kit’s window one day?

All in all, Girl Friday is an easy, fun read which definitely lives up to my memories of the early Jane Green books and makes me wonder why I haven’t read more of the books in between.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I love my publisher.

Halloween Blog Hop

Writer Wednesday Interview: Angela Wren